What is Stoke Challenge?
Stoke Challenge supports unemployed young people aged 16-18 to get back into education, employment or training.
The programme provides two days a week of targeted group work and one-to-one support to help young people to develop the skills and abilities needed in all areas of education, employment and training.
Stoke Challenge staff support young people to gain more detailed information and develop awareness on specific areas of work including local opportunities.
Since 2007, we have worked with just over 700 young people, achieving an 80% success rate at placing young people in positive outcomes.
Three young people from our programmes are currently on Apprenticeships/Traineeships with the Club's Community Trust. About 20 young people are currently employed on casual contracts with the Stadium Security Team as Matchday Stewards and a further seven young people secured casual contracts with facilities, retail, catering and ticket sales.
Stoke Challenge provides sessions on Personal Social Development and Employability Awareness that engage and motivate young people through interactive group workshops, team-building activities and one-to-one support. Stoke Challenge is not a 'sports based' football programme.
If you are interested, Stoke Challenge staff will arrange a visit with you to give you more information.
What we offer:
- 2 days a week
- 13 hours and over during the week
- Free Transport or Bus Passes
- FREE breakfast and lunch
- Mixture of workshops including Personal and Social Development (attitudes and behaviour, building confidence, travel preparation, "cook and eat" sessions) Employability (career planning, awareness of CV writing and interview preparation, skills and qualities awareness)
- Team-building activities - fun challenges, problem solving, and developing skills to be able to work as part of a team
- One-to-ones to achieve targets to support in career planning and your own development
- Incentive vouchers and prizes for attendance and positive outcomes
- TRIPS - Graffiti workshops, Bushcraft skills, social meal and many more...
For more information on Stoke Challenge, call (01782) 592197 or 07935 724394, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your key worker/careers advisor.