National Citizen Service is taking place all over England and YOU can be part of this amazing experience with Stoke City Football Club.
Over the summer the Club's Community Trust run the programme on two different dates - so you can pick a date suits your availability.
The dates for the two programmes are as follows:
SUMMER 2017 COURSE
Week 1 - July Programme Dates
3rd July - 7th July - Phase 1 residential at a PGL Centre
10th July - 14th July - Phase 2 residential at a university style setting
17th July - 21st July - Phase 3a Social Action Project Planning
24th July - 28th July - Phase 3b Social Action Project Delivery
Week 2 - August Programme Dates
31st July - 4th August - Phase 1 residential at a PGL Centre
7th August - 11th August - Phase 2 residential at a university style setting
14th August - 18th August - Phase 3a Social Action Project Planning
21st August - 25th August - Phase 3b Social Action Project Delivery
What will I be doing on NCS?
Before the programme
Participants will attend a parents evening and keep warm events in the months leading up to going away on the NCS programme. These events allows young people to meet each other, meet the staff, take part in team building activities and ask any questions.
- The young people will be away for five days and four nights
- Meet people from different areas of Stoke-on-Trent
- Participate in a range of outdoor activities such as: Climbing wall, Kayaking, Raft building, Orienteering, evening activities and lots more
Skills development and community awareness
- Develop new skills
- Meet local organisations and charities
- Take part in creative workshops
Plan and deliver your community project
The first two weeks are a build up towards your team planning and delivering a social action project; the skills and confidence you have gained over these two weeks will benefit you and your team greatly in weeks 3 and 4.
- Participants will complete 30 hours of planning and 30 hours of delivery over weeks 3 and 4.
- The project can be anything that supports the local community; from creating a poster/leaflet to raising awareness of local issues, renovating a community building, or what the team decides.
Celebration Event at bet365 Stadium
- Participate in an event to showcase your NCS experience and celebrate your success!
How much does it cost?
£50.00 per participant – Bursary Scheme is available.
This project can gain participants confidence and help to stand out on your CV/Personal Statement when approaching employers, colleges and universities.
How to get involved:
E-mail:email@example.com | Telephone: 01782 592197 | Mobile: 07801584167