The National Citizen Service is taking place all over England and YOU can be part of this amazing experience with Stoke City Football Club.
AUTUMN 2014 COURSE
Away residential – 24th to 27th October (Friday to Monday)
• Activity residential weekend at Boreatton Park, Shrewsbury, having fun and getting to know the other people in your team
• You will stop away from home for three nights
• You will meet people from other Stoke City FC NCS Teams
• You will participate in a range of outdoor activities such as mountain biking, kayaking, archery, walking/orienteering, evening activities and lots more (follow us on Facebook for the latest news)
18hrs Training - 28th to 30th October (Tuesday to Thursday)
• You will spend 18 hours in total over the three days
• You will work in a team of 15 young people
• Participate in a mixture of indoor and outdoor activities, team building exercises, project based work and start thinking about how you can make a difference to Stoke on Trent
• Learning more about your community and how you can improve it
• Working with your team you will meet various community crganisations and leaders to start planning a community project
Community project planning and delivery – ‘Make a difference’
• You will spend 30 hours over this month planning and turning your ideas into a real community project in your chosen area.
• Your project can be anything from creating a poster/leaflet to raising awareness of local issues, fund raising, voluntary work - whatever your team decides
Celebration Event at the Britannia Stadium
• Evening celebration event at the Britannia Stadium
• Participate in an event to showcase your NCS experience
• Share memories and experiences with the friends you made over the autumn
How much does it cost?
Only £35.00 per participant – Bursary Scheme is available. This project can help you gain loads of confidence stand out on your CV/Personal Statement when approaching employers, colleges and universities.
How to get involved:
Tel: 01782 592267