SLOVAKIA UNDER-21 defender Dionatan Teixeira has today signed for Stoke City after agreeing a three-year contract at the Britannia Stadium.
The Brazilian-born centre half moves to England after the Potters agreed an undisclosed fee for his services with Slovakian top-flight outfit FK Dukla Banska Bystrica.
stokecityfc.com takes an in-depth look at the new recruit:
FULL NAME: Dionatan do Nascimento Tiexeira
DATE OF BIRTH: 24 July 1992
HEIGHT: 6ft 4in
POSITION: Centre back
PREVIOUS CLUBS/TEAMS: Londrina, Kosice, Manchester City, Slovan Bratislava, Banik Ruzina, Dukla Banska Bystrica, Brazil Under-17s, Slovakia Under-21s.
- Dionatan started his career with Brazilian team Londrina EC before making the decision to move to Europe as a 16-year-old and being rewarded with a youth contract at Slovakian side MFK Kosice.
- After prospering in the club's youth set-up, Tiexeira went on trial at a number of English clubs, including Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United as well as Manchester City during Mark Hughes' reign at the Etihad Stadium.
- He returned in April 2009 and made his first team debut days later as a second half substitute in a 2-1 victory over MFK Dubnica.
- After a stop-start fledgling career at Kosice, where he was in the same squad as current Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic , Teixeira spent the 2011/12 season on loan at Slovan Bratislava where he played for the club’s B team.
- Following the conclusion of his loan arrangement he left Bratislava and switched permanently to Slovakian second division side Banik Ruzina.
- After making nine league appearances and scoring one goal for Banik Ruzina, Tiexeira moved up to Slovakia's top-flight when he signed for Dukla Banska Bystrica in March 2013.
- He enjoyed a run of games for the club during the 2013/14 season managing 35 appearances as well as finding the back of the net on three separate occasions, all of which came in comprehensive victories.