ARE you a talented male or female footballer with ambition of representing your country? If so Stoke City Community Trust’s Futsal Education Programme may be for you.
Futsal Education Programme
The Community Trust are offering a unique opportunity to represent the Club in the English Football League Trusts (EFLT) Futsal League programme which forms part of the England talent pathway for Futsal.
The programme provides exciting opportunities for talented male and female footballers to potentially become involved at international level.
This exciting opportunity comes on the back of UEFA's announcement that a Women's Futsal EURO and Under-19 Futsal EURO Championship will be introduced, starting in 2019. Alongside this, there are opportunities for players to link into the FAs disability talent ID programme as part of a mainstream programme.
The Community Trust programme offers 16-19 year olds (up to 24 with a disability) the opportunity to:
- Learn: Stoke-on-Trent College - Study on a course suitable to your level from a BTEC level 1 up to a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport at Stoke-on-Trent Colleges Cauldon Campus and the bet365 stadium.
- Train: Stoke City Community Trust - Train for 4-6 hours with qualified UEFA and FA Coaches as well as free access to Gym facilities, Sports Scientists and Physiotherapists.
- Play: Stoke City Community Trust - You will play competitive Futsal in the EFLT Futsal Leagues and Cup Competitions against other professional football clubs community trust teams.
- Work: Stoke City Community Trust - Gain valuable work experience with a Premier League Football club.
For further information on the programme, please email [email protected] or call 07810823016.
Two-Year Foundation Degree
ARE you passionate about a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with Stoke City Community Trust in 2017/18.
Stoke City Community Trust’s two-year Foundation Degree programme is a course designed for individuals wanting to attain a university qualification and are passionate about pursuing a career in the football industry.
Students develop the necessary skills, qualities and characteristics that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies.
Delivered in partnership with the University of South Wales, all lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered in a supportive and inspirational club environment via online material.
Alongside the academic element of the course, students will complete up to 200 hours of voluntary coaching within the community, alongside the Community Trust and academy staff, allowing the students to embed and develop the coaching techniques learnt within lectures.
Through the Trust’s partnership with the University of South Wales, all students will be enrolled as a student at the university. Students will be able to access the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials, providing them with the best possible learning platform to excel within.
Academic Qualification (Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development)
- FA Level 1 and 2 Award in Coaching Football.
- Community football development.
- Principles of coaching.
- Teach you aspects of children’s and youth coaching, football coaching, football development, social inclusion and sports management skills.
The course costs students £8,000 per academic year; however, this cost is covered by student finance.
Prerequisites to Apply:
- A minimum of 160 UCAS points.
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Three A*- C grades at GCSE, including English and maths.