NATIONAL CITIZEN SERVICE is taking place all over England and YOU can be part of this amazing experience with Stoke City Football Club.
Over the summer the Club's Community Trust run the four week programme on three different dates - so you can pick a date that suits your availability.
NCS is available to all 15 to 17 year olds, but you can only do it once!
Summer 2018 Courses
Option 1 = 2nd July - 27th July 2018
2nd – 6th July - Phase 1 Residential at a PGL Centre
9th – 13th July - Phase 2 Residential at a university style setting
16th- 20th July - Phase 3A Social Action Project Planning
23rd – 27th July - Phase 3B Social Action Project Delivery
Option 2 = 16th July - 10th August 2018
16th – 20th July- Phase 1 Residential at a PGL Centre
23rd – 27th July - Phase 2 Residential at a university style setting
30th July – 3rd August - Phase 3A Social Action Project Planning
6th – 10th August - Phase 3A Social Action Project Delivery
Option 3 = 30th July – 24th August 2018
30th July – 3rd August - Phase 1 Residential at a PGL Centre
6th – 10th August - Phase 2 Residential at a university style setting
13th – 17th August - Phase 3A Social Action Project Planning
20th – 24th August - Phase 3B Social Action Project Delivery
Participants will attend a parents evening and keep warm events in the months leading up to going away on the NCS programme. These events allow young people to meet each other, meet the staff, take part in team building activities and ask any questions.
Phase 1 (Adventure Week):
- The young people will be away for five days and four nights.
- Meet people from different areas of Stoke-on-Trent.
- Participate in a range of outdoor activities such as: Climbing wall, kayaking, raft building, orienteering, evening activities and lots more.
Phase 2 (Skills development and community awareness):
- Develop new skills.
- Meet local organisations and charities.
- Take part in creative workshops.
Phase 3 (Plan and deliver your community project):
The first two weeks are a build up towards your team planning and delivering a social action project; the skills and confidence you have gained over these two weeks will benefit you and your team greatly in weeks three and four.
- Participants will complete 30 hours of planning and 30 hours of delivery over weeks 3 and 4.
- The project can be anything that supports the local community; from creating a poster/leaflet to raising awareness of local issues, renovating a community building, or anything the team decides.
Phase 4 (Celebration event at bet365 Stadium):
- Participate in an event to showcase your NCS experience and celebrate your success!
How much does it cost?
£50.00 per participant - Bursary Scheme is available.
This project can gain participants confidence and help to stand out on your CV/Personal Statement when approaching employers, colleges and universities.
How to get involved
Contact: [email protected] | Telephone: 01782 592197 | Mobile: 07801584167